Taehan (Phil) Kim, MD, PhD began his residency training at the University of Pittsburgh/UPMC in July 2021. Prior to beginning residency, he successfully completed his undergraduate work at the University of Toronto, moving on to earn his PhD in chemistry from Yale University, and his medical degree from Stanford University.
Education & Training
- B.S., University of Toronto
- PhD, Yale University
- MD, Stanford University
- Preliminary Intern Year, UPMC
1. Kim T, Taylor JS, Maibach HI, Chen JK, Honari G. Photopatch testing among members of the American Contact Dermatitis Society. Dermatitis. 2020, 59.
2. Kim T, Tafoya E, Chelliah M, Lekwuttikarn R, Sarin K, Teng J. Alterations of the MEK/ERK, BMP, and Wnt/b-catenin pathways detected in the blood of individuals with lymphatic malformations. PLoS ONE. 2019, 14(4): e0213872.
3. Gautam S, Kim T, Sharma L, Luthra R, Deep D, Losier AJ, Dela Cruz C, Spiegel DA. Chemical conjugation of Toll-like receptor 7 agonist to whole cell bacteria: a novel vaccine strategy for promoting T cell immunity. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2018, A4714.
4. Gautam S, Kim T, Spiegel DA. Compositions and methods for inducing an immune response. US Patent App. 15/964,322, 2018.
5. Gautam S, Kim T, Lester E, Deep D, Spiegel DA. Wall teichoic acids prevent antibody binding to epitopes within the cell wall of Staphylococcus aureus. ACS Chem. Biol. 2015, 25.
6. Gautam S, Kim T, Shoda T, Sen S, Deep D, Luthra R, Ferreira MT, Pinho MG, Spiegel DA. An activity-based probe for studying crosslinking in live bacteria. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2015, 10492.
7. Gautam S, Kim T, Spiegel DA. Chemical probes reveal an extraseptal mode of cross-linking in Staphylococcus aureus. J Am Chem Soc. 2015, 7441.
8. Kim T. Chemical approaches to modulate biological processes: unique activity of N-phenacylthiazolium compounds, bacterial cell wall engineering and other studies. Diss. Yale University, 2014.
9. Kim T, Spiegel DA. Serendipitous discovery of two highly selective inhibitors of bacterial luciferase. Tetrahedron. 2013, 7692.
10. Kim T, Spiegel DA. The unique reactivity of N-phenacyl-derived thiazolium salts toward alphadicarbonyl compounds. Rejuvenation Res. 2013, 43.
11. Perry RJ, Kim T, Zhang XM, Lee HY, Pesta D, Popov VB, Zhang D, Rahimi Y, Jurczak MJ, Cline GW, Spiegel DA, Shulman GI. Reversal of hypertriglyceridemia, fatty liver disease and insulin resistance by a liver-targeted mitochondrial uncoupler. Cell Metab. 2013, 740.
12. Wang T, Kim T, Padukkavidana T, Smith N, Stowell SR, Eisenbarth S, Zimring JC, Spiegel DA, Hendrickson JE. ALT-711, which breaks advanced glycation end products, improves murine RBC storage. Transfusion. 2013, 88A.
13. Gautam S, Gniadek TJ, Kim T, Spiegel DA. Exterior design: strategies for redecorating the bacterial surface with small molecules. Trends Biotechnol. 2013, 258.