Stephanie Cullison Jackson began her residency at the University of Pittsburgh in July 2017.
Prior to beginning her residency program in Pittsburgh, Dr. Cullison Jackson earned her undergraduate degree from Mercer University. She went on to receive her medical degree and her PhD from Saint Louis University School of Medicine.
Education & Training
- B.S., Mercer University
- M.S., The University of Memphis and the University of Tennessee
- M.D., Saint Louis University School of Medicine
- PhD, Saint Louis University School of Medicine
- Berrien-Elliott MM, Yuan J1, Swier LE, Jackson SR, Chen CL, Donlin MJ, Teague RM. Checkpoint blockade immunotherapy relies on T-bet but not Eomes to induce effector function in tumor-infiltrating CD8+ T cells. Cancer Immunol Res. 2015 Feb;3(2):116-24. doi: 10.1158/2326-6066.CIR-14-0159.
- Jackson SR, Berrien-Elliott M, Yuan J, Hsueh EC, Teague RM. Neuropilin-1 expression is induced on tolerant self-reactive CD8+ T cells but is dispensable for the tolerant phenotype. PLoS One. 2014 Oct 24;9(10):e110707. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0110707.
- Jackson SR, Yuan J, Berrien-Elliott MM, Chen CL, Meyer JM, Donlin MJ, Teague RM. Inflammation programs self-reactive CD8+ T cells to acquire T-box-mediated effector function but does not prevent deletional tolerance. J Leukoc Biol. 2014 Sep;96(3):397-410. doi: 10.1189/jlb.1A0913-500RR.
- Jackson SR, Yuan J, Teague RM. Targeting CD8+ T-cell tolerance for cancer immunotherapy. Immunotherapy. 2014;6(7):833-52. doi: 10.2217/imt.14.51.
- Berrien-Elliott MM, Jackson SR, Meyer JM, Rouskey CJ, Nguyen TL, Yagita H, Greenberg PD, DiPaolo RJ, Teague RM. Durable adoptive immunotherapy for leukemia produced by manipulation of multiple regulatory pathways of CD8+ T-cell tolerance. Cancer Res. 2013 Jan 15;73(2):605-16. doi: 10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-12-2179.
- Jackson SR, Berrien-Elliott MM, Meyer JM, Wherry EJ, Teague RM. CD8+ T cell exhaustion during persistent viral infection is regulated independently of the virus-specific T cell receptor. Immunol Invest. 2013;42(3):204-20. doi: 10.3109/08820139.2012.751397.
- Jackson SR, Richelsoph KC, Courtney HS, Wenke JC, Branstetter JG, Bumgardner JD, Haggard WO. Preliminary in vitro evaluation of an adjunctive therapy for extremity wound infection reduction: rapidly resorbing local antibiotic delivery. J Orthop Res. 2009 Jul;27(7):903-8. doi: 10.1002/jor.20828.
- Malkin RA, Jackson SR, Nguyen J, Yang Z, Guan D. Experimental verification of theoretical predictions concerning the optimum defibrillation waveform. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng. 2006 Aug;53(8):1492-8.