Silvia Song, MD, began her residency with the University of Pittsburgh in July of 2015.
Her undergraduate studies were completed at Washington University in St. Louis. She earned her medical degree from the University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine. Song interned at North Shore Medical Center in Massachusetts before coming to the University of Pittsburgh for her residency training.
Education & Training
- Undergraduate, Washington University in St. Louis
- MD, University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine
- Internship, North Shore Medical Center
- Song SS, Goldenberg A, Ortiz A, Eimpunth S, Oganesyan G, Jiang SB. Non-melanoma Skin Cancer with Aggressive Subclinical Extension in Immunosuppressed Patients. JAMA Dermatology; 2016 June; 52 (6): 683-90.
- Song SS, Matiz C, Tom WL, Calame A, Krakowski A, Friedlander SF. Ecthyma Gangrenosum-Like Lesions Secondary to Methicillin-Sensitive Staphylococcus Aureus in an Immunocompetent Pediatric Patient. Pediatric Dermatology 2015 Nov; 32 (6): 259-62.
- Song SS, Lee W, Hamman MS, Jiang SB. Mohs Micrographic Surgery for Eccrine Porocarcinoma: an update and review of the literature. Dermatol Surg 2015; 41 (3): 301-6.
- Goldenberg A, Ortiz A, Kim SS, Jiang SB. Squamous Cell Carcinoma with Aggressive Subclinical Extension: 5-year Retrospective Review of diagnostic predictors. J Am Acad Dermatol 2015; 02.1131.
- Krakowski AC, Kim SS, Burns JC. HSV-1 Confirmed Transient Lingual Papillitis in an Immunosuppressed Patient with Kawasaki Disease. Pediatric Dermatology 2014; Nov-Dec (6): 124-5.
- Admani S, Caufield M, Kim SS, Siegfried EC, Friedlander SF. Understanding the Pediatric Dermatology Workforce Shortage: Mentoring Matters. J Pediatrics 2014; 164(2):372-5.
- Kim SS, Jiang SB. Lentigo. In: Arndt KA, Hsu J, Chilukuri S, Bhatia A, Alam M, Eds. Manual of Dermatologic Therapeutics, 8th. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2013: 227-231.
- Kim SS, Jiang SB. Seborrheic Keratosis. In: Arndt KA, Hsu J, Chilukuri S, Bhatia A, Alam M, Eds. Manual of Dermatologic Therapeutics, 8th. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2013: 299-301.
- Kim SS, Jiang SB. Telangiectasia. In: Arndt KA, Hsu J, Chilukuri S, Bhatia A, Alam M, Eds. Manual of Dermatologic Therapeutics, 8th. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2013: 327-330
- Kim SS, Eimpunth S, Oganesyan G, Jiang SB. "Comparison of Clinical Characteristics of Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer with Aggressive Subclinical Extension among Immunocompetent Patients and Various Groups of Immunosuppressed Patients," American Academy of Dermatology, Boston, 2012
Pediatric dermatology, medical/surgical dermatology, global/international health
Specialized Areas of Interest
Dermatoses associated with immunosuppression, quality improvement, and medical education