Lauryn Falcone, MD, PhD began her residency training at the University of Pittsburgh/UPMC in July 2020. Prior to beginning residency, she successfully completed her undergraduate work at Rollins College, moving on to complete her PhD dissertation work at the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health and her medical degree from West Virginia University School of Medicine.
Education & Training
- B.A., Rollins College
- PhD, West Virginia University
- MD, West Virginia University, School of Medicine
- Zeidler-Erdely PC, Falcone LM, et al. Tumorigenic response in lung tumor susceptible A/J mice after sub-chronic exposure to calcium chromate or iron (III) oxide. Published in Toxicology Letters, 2020.PMID: 32961271
- Falcone LM, Frances-Pilcher M, Kovach RF, Powers R. Pentoxyfilline as a Treatment for Subcorneal Pustular Dermatosis. Published in Dermatologic Therapy, 2019. PMID: 30637905.
- Zeidler-Erdely PC, Falcone LM, Antonini J. Influence of Welding Fume Metal Composition on Lung Toxicity and Tumor Formation in Experimental Animal Models. Published in Journal of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene, 2019. PMID: 30933662.
- Falcone LM, et al. Pulmonary toxicity and lung tumorigenic potential of surrogate metal oxides in gas metal arc welding– stainless steel fume: iron as a primary mediator versus chromium and nickel. Published in PLOS One, 2019. PMID: 30586399.
- Falcone LM, et al. Inhalation of Iron-Abundant Gas Metal Arc – Mild Steel Welding Fume Promotes Lung Tumors in Mice. Published in Toxicology. 2018. PMID: 30055299.
- Falcone LM, Jalali O, Powers R. Painful Hemorrhagic Lesion of Right Palm. Accepted for publication in the West Virginia Medical Journal, Summer 2019 print edition.
- Falcone LM and Zeidler-Erdely PC. Skin Cancer and Welding: A Review. Published in Clinical and Experimental Dermatology, 2018. PMID: 30280417.
- Falcone LM, et al. Inhalation of gas metal arc-stainless steel welding fume promotes lung tumorigenesis in A/J mice. Published in Archives of Toxicology, 2017. PMID: 28505104.
- Beitzel K, McCarthy MB, Cote MP, Chowaniec D, Falcone LM, Falcone JA, Dugdale EM, Deberardino TM, Arciero RA, Mazzocca AD. Rapid isolation of human stem cells (connective progenitor cells) from the distal femur during arthroscopic knee surgery. Published in Arthroscopy, 2012. PMID: 21996407.
- Falcone, LM, Stone, RC, and Schwartz, RA. 2018. Drug-Induced Neutrophilic Dermatoses. In D. Wallach, M Vignon-Pennamen, and A Valerio Marzano (Eds.), Neutrophilic Dermatoses (pp.259- 270). Cham, Switzerland: Springer International.