John McSorley, MD joined the faculty at the Department of Dermatology in 1972, and is now a Clinical Professor.
Dr. McSorley completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Pittsburgh, and went on to earn his medical degree from the West Virginia University Medical School. After finishing his residency program at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, Dr. McSorley served as the Chief of Dermatology at Chelsea Naval Hospital until 1972.
Dr. McSorley served as the Chief of Dermatology for Shadyside Hospital, from 1973 until his retirement in 2014. In addition to his clinical responsibilities, Dr. McSorley was extremely involved in the Pittsburgh Academy of Dermatology, including serving two different terms as President.
Throughout his career, Dr. McSorley has been an active teacher and mentor for medical students, residents, and junior faculty members. He received multiple honors for outstanding teaching from Shadyside Hospital during his forty-year service. Dr. McSorley currently sees a limited number of patients in Falk Clinic, and is still an enthusiastic teacher and mentor to the residents, faculty, and staff of the Department of Dermatology.
- American Academy of Dermatology, Fellow
- Pennsylvania Academy of Dermatology
- Pittsburgh Academy of Dermatology
- Allegheny County Medical Society
- American Medical Association
Education & Training
- B.S., University of Pittsburgh
- MD, West Virginia University Medical School
- Internship, St. Francis General Hospital
- Residency, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center