Joe Tung, MBA, MD began his residency training at the University of Pittsburgh/UPMC in July 2021. Prior to beginning residency, he successfully completed his undergraduate work at Yale University, moving on to cocurrently earn his MBA and medical degree from Harvard University.
Education & Training
- B.S., Yale University
- MBA, Harvard Business School
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Preliminary Intern Year, Brigham and Women's Hospital
1. Tung, JK, & Yasuda, MR. (2020). Anatomy and Physiology of the Hair Cycle. In Lee, LN (Ed), Hair transplant surgery and platelet rich plasma: evidence-based essentials (pp. 1–8). Springer.
2. “Skin biopsy in the diagnosis of intravascular lymphoma: a retrospective diagnostic accuracy study.” Rozenbaum D, Tung JK (co-first author), Xue Y, Hoang, MP, Kroshinsky D. (2019). J Am Acad Dermatol. pii: S0190-9622(19)32752-5. doi: 10.1016/j.jaad.2019.09.015.
3. “Indurated Purple Plaques on the Scalp.” Tung JK, Korman JB, Yasuda MR. (2019). Dermatol Online J. 25(5).
4. “Beyond Bitcoin: potential applications of blockchain technology in dermatology.” Tung JK, Nambudiri VE. (2018). Br J Dermatol. 179(4):1013-1014.
5. “Benign purely intraosseous meningioma of the skull: Diagnosis and surgical outcomes.” Harary M, Tung JK, Sood S, Corrales SE, Smith T, Iorgulescu JB. (2020) J Clin Neurosci. 82(Pt A):36-42
6. “Analysis of demographic, academic, and publication factors associated with academic dermatology career selection.” Shi CR, Tung JK, Nambudiri VE. (2017) JAMA Dermatology. 154(7):844-846.
7. “FGF-dependent metabolic control of vascular development.” Yu P, Wilhelm K, Dubrac A, Tung JK (co-second author), Alves TC, Fang JS, Xie Y, Zhu J, Chen Z, De Smet F, Zhang J, Jin SW, Sun L, Sun H, Kibbey RG, Hirschi KK, Hay N, Carmeliet P, Chittenden TW, Eichmann A, Potente M, Simons M. (2017). Nature. 545(7653):224-228.
8. “Lymphatic fate specification: an ERK-controlled transcriptional program.” Yu P, Tung JK, Simons M. (2014) Microvascular Research. 96:10-5.
9. “Small molecule-induced cytosolic activation of protein kinase Akt rescues ischemia-elicited neuronal death.” Jo H, Mondal S, Tan D, Nagata E, Takizawa S, Sharma AK, Hou Q, Shanmugasundaram K, Prasad A, Tung JK, Tejeda AO, Man H, Rigby AC, Luo HR. (2012). Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 109(26):10581-6.